Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thinking of leaving.

The boys and I leave in 3 days. 3 days before a 5 and a half month adventure. We could leave right now and we'd be ready but I keep thinking of little things I still need to do. Paul will meet us in August, he is very capable of any loose ends. Yet,
the ends still move around in my mind, making a tangled night time mess that keeps me awake.

My grandma is on hospice and I am thinking of her often these days. She traveled a lot in her years, once when we were together we counted 19 countries she'd visited. In these later years I spent time re-telling her, her own travel stories she told me. She inspired me and as a child by bringing us treasures from places that seemed so far away. The last time I saw her I took a picture of us. I told her I'd print it and take her with me around the world.

She is going to be in my heart as we travel together and we see the wonder of the world through our own eyes and the boy's eyes.