Saturday, August 17, 2013

Italy Day 1.


When children are bad.

Just kidding.

These are two grave markers from the Roman times. The one on the left from 250-300 AD, the one on the right 50-100 AD. But now Gesi is telling me the Italian text was BC and the English text AD. Regardless it's mind boggling old.

This is art work to me. No, we didn't buy any.

Same as above. Beautiful.

We had a set of 3 of these growing up we used to melt butter and warm the alcohol for flambe, I stole at least one from my parents when I moved out. This one, at Gesi's house, is used for Turkish coffee, which they drink in Albania. Maybe I need to try that at home.

Gesi took us for the day to see where she goes to school. This is a breathtaking view from the hilltop, the Alps are in the background! It was really hot by the way.