Sunday, August 4, 2013

What is missing so far....

What I miss, besides Paul with us.

Public bathrooms. Here every bathroom (unless it's in an actual cafe or bar and not in Brussels) costs money, even in the train station. It's like Mexico, only you don't pay extra for toilet paper. It's .30-.50 Euro.

Also water. There are no water fountains- NONE. Everyone who knows me knows I have a little 'addiction' to guzzling water. Even with my water bottle I ended up spending almost $20.00 on bottled water today. Granted that was for 4 and it was also really hot out. But no water, I guess you could fill it from a bathroom faucet though. I did that the other day. We have 2+ more weeks to get ourselves used to dehydration for Africa. Paul is always telling me to be ready but I guess this is a nice starter.